Sunday, December 24, 2017

Musings of Jasam – December 2017


In the past month, it’s obvious that General Hospital has been torturing Jasam fans with the interactions between Jason and Sam, and whether they actually are damn well going to open up to each other. Frankly, the worst of those was on December 21 – the debut of this blog, ironically.

But beyond what I had to say there, here’s some other musings to consider…

I feel that I'd be fine with #Dream #Killy being together. I just hope it's genuine and only by Sam truly facing her feelings - not avoiding conversations or thoughts like she has with Jason. If she can have that conversation with him openly and admit it - then fine. #jasam #Stelly #GH. Admittedly, If #Dream end up staying together, my heart will be torn apart for Jason and his heartbreak. There will be a load of sadness. But, if he can find a way to move forward, probably with help from #carson, then I've brought myself to know it'll be okay. #GH

That said, he shouldn’t be forced to handle it.

But I will remain skeptical because let’s face it - the proposal came out of nowhere, perhaps pure desperation because she saw Drew on the edge of control, not wanting to watch him breakdown further. Recall Drew’s words in saying, "I feel like I'm losing everything right now...." That's why Sam doesn't want to pull the final piece of the puzzle because she's afraid it'll break him further. But how long can you deny yourself your feelings for Jason? #jasam #stelly #GH

When Drew didn’t accept it at first, I was waiting for Drew to use the line that he sees her love for Jason - instead of the "not knowing self" comment. #GH Truthfully, it shows growth in his character after all of Drew’s whining that we’ve put up with.

Now even if Sam is set on being with Drew and wants that to be her life – which is fine as that’s her call, she should show more sympathy - there's no denying that across the whole board. I mean, here’s a guy that you shared a life with, set a future with, had a child with – and you’re almost appearing to just toss him to the curb because you have built this new life with Drew. With all the love that you have for Jason, doesn’t that give you enough to offer some decent courtesy? I mean, look at when she walked into the restaurant. She acknowledged Sonny and Carly, but not Jason. Shouldn’t you acknowledge all 3 people? #GH And then when she said, "I know Danny's your son. But he loves Drew. And it's a family, and I know that's what you always wanted for him." That quote really stung at the time before we saw the reunion between Jason and Danny (thankfully). I mean, you’d think there’d be a need to show compassion when she knows, “Jason always does whatever I ask.. no matter the costs”

That said, as we move forward, there are signs of them coming together and I think Jason can see that, too. I mean, she knew he was Jason from the beginning. But if she would've said something - it would've set Drew off. Hence why she waited until the truth was out.

We also had a small realization when she said to him, “When I was sitting at the police station listening to you go over what happened to you, I realized that I've been so focused on Drew and how much he was hurting that I didn't pay attention to you and everything that's been taken away from you. #GH #JaSam” even if that didn’t get us anywhere. 

Jason has always known the true Sam and loved her for who she is - just like he can see now how she holds back certain emotions with him. Recall he could see that right from the beginning with her when he told her, “I don’t care what anyone says. Nobody is gonna tell me who you are... I already know.” I mean, look at the chemistry that they showed even with Drew standing right there as they talked about Drew’s memories floating around Port Charles in a disco ball.

But her signs of loving him showed in her conversation with Monica. Sam: I can’t even say his name...let alone be around him. Monica: Why? Because you’re angry? Sam: No! No, it’s just the opposite. I think about him, of course, and I — all these memories they come back, and I don’t know what to do with that.”

It also showed when she tried to avoid even having a conversation with him on the pier, too.


I think him saying something is what will push the button for her to stop trying to suppress her own feelings. #jasam #stelly #GH But we know that isn’t just going to happen. General Hospital is playing this right in typical Jason fashion. He hides those emotions, letting them just show in his eyes, until they reach the breaking point and then it cracks big time. And when it does, it's like a tidal wave that you can't deny. With how the Christmas show went on Thursday, maybe experiencing a rough Christmas is what he needs, though. It may make him cave to finally showing his true emotions.

For now, though, he’s doing what he always does. He has always been about solving problems, finding answers, and dealing with it. He wants to make the person who kidnapped him pay and eliminate a possible repeat. Right now, the next clue rests in Drew's memories.... #GH "You think there is still a threat..." "Fiason switched Drew and Jason for a reason. We just don't know the reason." Hence why Jason is focused on that - and using it as a distraction from Sam #jasam #stelly #GH By the way…… You’d think Sam would be helping figure out the answer considering that she loves both twins, as stated numerous times. #GH

There are signs of the emotional breakthrough for Jason, by the way. Recall when he said the words, “Faison is the reason you are trying to give me the ring back! He's the reason I lost 5 years!" The emotion in his voice as he said that.

He also didn’t take her ring back, too. That was a key factor in my eyes. The ring is supposed to go to who he loves. Basically, he's saying to her that there will be no one else that he will love because his heart belongs to her. I mean, his eyes as she went to hand him back the ring just break the heart. You know bud, you could just tell her back that you're still married technically. #jasam #stelly #GH
But they do need to get back for together for the sake of the island, dominoes, and tequila. That poor island is like been abandoned for a long time now. It needs to come back - and these two can bring a good spark. #Jasam #Stelly #GH


Also….. Isn't it ironic that he saved her from those waters and that was their first moment seeing each other again? #jasam #stelly #GH

That scene on the water had a good amount of stuff – even outside just the ring comment. I like how soon as one of them is set to breakaway due to emotions cutting too deep, they find another topic to address that's easier. But again, it'd be nice for old time sake to hear Sam offer suggestion of which way Jason should go next with investigation #jasam #stelly #GH

SIDE BAR: Alexis

Her constant need to try and run Sam’s life, and tell her that she shouldn’t be with Jason is annoying as heck. Hence why I can't wait for her to get back with Juliane, just so her girls can rip her apart and Sam can be like, "So you can tell me but you're with him?" #DavisGirls #GH I mean, she goes ahead and tells Julian that he’s “free to live your life how you want it." So that means you can't be telling Sam and Jason who they can love. #jasam #stelly #GH

But you know, Alexis won’t just do that. She continues to play her influence. Recall her words to Drew - "I will help you - if I can count on your help." Whether you like it or not, Sam is a grown woman and can do as she chooses - including leaving Drew and going back to Jason. So if Ms. Alexis tries to control her life, she's going to have another thing coming. #jasam #stelly #GH

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Hospital - July 6-10, 2018 Episode Reflections

So is it a surprise that Nelle isn't believing a drop of how Michael left there to go see Jordan and Chase? She knows to always be suspi...