Wednesday, March 28, 2018

General Hospital - March 26, 2018 Episode Reflections

Good episode of General Hospital. The #Jarly scenes were everything and hey, I got a laugh at Alexis & Curtis, too. 

For the record, everybody needs a #jarly style friendship in their life. 

I love how Jason is helping Carly with her worry about the scarf. It's classic #jarly friendship in having Jason calm Carly down once again.

So my first thought with the scarf switch was to look at security cameras. Well, thanks General Hospital for not doing the obvious and forgetting about those. Instead, they had a reason. I get Diane "advising against" closer cameras to Carly's office for legal reasons, but what about protection here? There's no reason for no good cameras of a boss' office.

Like always, though, Steve and Laura work great together and bring all the feels - especially when it comes to Morgan. Carly admitting that she can't go in his room because she's "afraid of what I won't find. I know he's gone - but I'm a mom. I can't help hoping he will come home" is everything.

By the way, I am beginning to wonder too if Morgan is alive after all of this....

Regardless, it's clear that Jason is on to it as he said, "Somebody is messing with you...." You know hat means he'll see it through and Nelle better run. And he is right that "Whatever is going on here, it's probably not danger" because we know Nelle couldn't hurt a fly that bad.


Alexis saying to Sam, "There's going to be a lot more said - and it's not just going to be with Drew. What are you going to say when Jason shows up at your door?" Welp, I know what I'd do.

Like always, Alexis rags on Jason and thinks that he's going to do the wrong thing for Sam and try to take advantage of her in this situation. Meanwhile he's known about the dual feelings longer but been nice enough to keep his distance despite the pain it causes him. I mean, if he wanted to take advantage of the situation, he would've let it slip to Drew that he and Sam kissed on New Year's before now.

As much as it hurts, I get Sam saying, "Leaning on Jason instead of figuring out how I got in this mess is the last thing that I want to do" and "I need to know how to trust myself again. I need to know how to rely on myself again" because obviously, knowing yourself is more important above anything else in life. That said, she has the right man in Jason to allow her to do that as he'll give space. Personally, I'd rather Sam be 100% ready for when the #JaSamReunion2018 happens, rather than have a flux and relapse over and over. Hence patience here - as hard as that is.

Of course, Alexis doesn't understand this and still asks, "I'm just wondering if you're misreading Jason. What are you going to do if he pressures you to get back together?" Thankfully, Sam isn't afraid to stand up to her mom and even asked, "Mom, are you not listening to me?"

But really, as much as we all love mother-daughter friendships, this is one topic that Sam needs to stop trying to convince with her mom. I mean, you can't knock sense into Alexis' head, because really - who has feelings for a man who put a knife to your throat? Alexis even admitted her faults when she said to Sam, "You're setting a good example for your sisters, your mom that's not seriously as strong as you are."

But hey, she admitted that she's trying to avoid Julian, right? Just don't know if I agree with her tactics. I mean, is it fair to put up a fake front with Finn and making him suffer away from Anna? And I get that Finn didn't have to agree - but he should never been put in that situation to begin with. That said, it was easy for him to say "yes" because he can avoid facing his feelings about Anna and the situation they have.

Oh Sam in saying, "Maybe in the end, I'll figure out that I'm not supposed to be with Drew or Jason." Sorry but the chemistry, longing to touch, emotional discussions together, everything since his return says otherwise. The #JaSamReunion2018 will be happening. I mean, even Alexis knows its coming as she couldn't shut up about Jason.

That said, Alexis didn't need to add, "I'm just worried about Jason. If you get back together with him now, you'll be doing it while you're having doubts...." I don't think there's #JaSamReunion2018 doubts, personally.


I laughed in hearing Curtis say to Drew, "From where I've been sitting, you guys look solid...." I mean, who is this guy?

Curtis really lost his identity to me when he said, "It's almost like Sam is acting on some sense of loyalty. He drags around misery with a secretary blanket."

I mean, what do you expect from a guy that's been kidnapped for five years? What do you expect from a guy that had everything ripped from him? But personally, I don't see him dragging around misery when instead of dwelling about what happened and playing the feel sorry for me game like your bestie there, he's trying to move forward with his life and do what he needs to do, and find answers.

Secondly, isn't that partially why we got in this mess in the first place, because Sam was being Drew's security blanket?

I laughed when he said, "Jason has the personality of concrete. I've never seen that guy crack a smile."  Should we create a montage simply of the scenes with Jason's smile, bright blue eyes of happiness since returning? I'd rather have his concrete personality than you or Drew any day, Curtis.
But okay, let's face it - should we expect someone dating the police commissioner to be smart on this show? Next!
So Drew repeats, "I knew this was coming. I could feel it. The signs were always there...." Then why didn't you say something, Drew? Why did you rush into the marriage? Why didn't you push for more information? Why did just talk about you & not Sam's feelings together?



Welp, Kim and Julian slept together to prove how comfy the cot is in his office. How lovely....

I sort of laughed when Kim said, "I know we've always been honest with each other." I'd like to see Julian tell you every ounce of his past then.

--------

So Ned saying, "We have preserve the character of Port Charles" is irony, considering the election. Thankfully Lulu kept receipts and snapped back, "I'm sorry, but aren't you the one that wanted to tear down Charles Street?" But like a good growing person, Ned "learned from his ways" as he said. We shall see, though.....

By the way, pretty sure Sonny is keeping a low profile, Ned. I mean, we haven't heard anything about the crime and mob lately. Besides, Sonny has his hands full with other stuff.

Speaking of that, I've said it before and I'll say it again - Maurice Benard deserves a big huge gold star for his work with the Alzheimer storyline with Max Gill. Maurice's emotions and delivery of the line, "My father is crumbling before my eyes...." just broke my heart on Monday. To be honest, the whole cast is as Andre added to it by saying, "It burns away memories, personalities, everything that we are...."


Jason ain't playing around with Drew. I mean, when Sam is around, my man behaves. But without her and just the boys on the docks, you can tell right there that he has a good eye on him given the past couple times crossing paths. Besides, Jason is there for work - to watch a shipment from Sonny. Whose to say that suspicion isn't related to Drew possibly being linked to it and hence the stare?

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Hospital - July 6-10, 2018 Episode Reflections

So is it a surprise that Nelle isn't believing a drop of how Michael left there to go see Jordan and Chase? She knows to always be suspi...