Wednesday, March 28, 2018

General Hospital - March 28, 2018 Episode Reflections


This episode was all about the #jasam feels. There's truly #StellyMagic because they're one a few couples that can make me tear up, and they did it today between Jason's sweetness and Sam wanting distance. I could've almost written out every single line that they said because it was just that perfect.

To whom wrote today's dialogue for #jasam on @GeneralHospital, you get a golden star. It was just perfect for their relationship and everything that's happened. Furthermore, stand-up job by @kellymonaco1 and @1SteveBurton for the emotions, small things - #StellyMagic it is.

So with that openly stated and everybody knowing that this will be longer than normal, here we go.....

Right away, Jason wastes no time with the feels in saying, "I know this is really tough on you, and the last thing I want to do is make it worse." Once again, Jason is being a true man and putting her feelings first - despite having been away from her for five years and missing everything that they are together.

Oh Sam in always thinking the worse by saying, "Make it worse? I'm not really sure it's possible at this point." You could've shot or killed one of the boys, slept with both within a span of couple nights and been pregnant, or Jason could still be dead. I think we're okay....

I mean, she may be right in saying, "It went on too long. I should've said what I knew and we could've dealt with it" but you can't turn back time. That said, Jason was perfect in comforting her by saying, "I still think you're being too hard on your self." My man continues to be A MAN and I love it. For him, his own feelings don't matter. He just wants Sam to be okay.

Sam could break every person's heart in the room in saying that she feels "lost, and really scared. But I know I am confident that I am making the right decision. But the reality is, I could end up without either one of you. That's just something that I will have to live with." We know that won't happen because Jason will always wait for her. We even knew that before he said those words today, but more on his awesomeness later.

I don't know if I can believe Jason when he says that, "Drew doesn't hate you." Drew doesn't seem like the forgiving type, but what do I know? But Sam is right in saying, "He's certainly not happy with me and that doesn't change, I'll have to accept that."  Once again Jason being the man, comforts her in saying, "acceptance is a tough place to get to." While she's right that it normally comes easy for him, he has been there not being able to get there easily. Let's face it - he hasn't with Franco - and understandably so. But let's not give the freako power to ruin this awesomeness, okay?

"It's really not that easy, and that doesn't mean that the feelings aren't still there. I wanted to be with you." "But you were able to accept it and move on...." "Just like I'll accept what comes next." "Even if we don't end up together?" "It's not about me. Sam, this is about you. You have to figure out what you want and need." I think we all know what she needs ;) But I swear his sweetness is tops. Seriously, can I have a Jason Morgan of my own? Always putting Sam first.

"What I need is some distance, I need to be away from Port Charles, I need to get away from Drew, and I need to get away from you, too."  Notice how her breath hitched when she referred to Jason? Yeah, the #JaSamReunion2018 is coming.... 

I'm going to miss Sam in her saying, "I want to take the kids and get away for a couple days, couple weeks, & calm the noise in my head." That said, I keep being reminded of "hotel scene" too and smile.

So when she said, "I hope it's okay with Drew that I take Scout, and I hope it's okay with you that I take Danny," we knew that Jason would be fine with it - like everything so far. Now Drew's reaction, on the other hand, should be interesting.

Now on the flip side, I was ready to smile with Sam saying, "It's not fair to be with someone when you're thinking about someone else. What I did to Drew, and what I did to myself, was awful. I couldn't imagine doing that in a million years to you - it would kill me." All the more signs for a #JaSamReunion2018 happening.

The small coffee break even broke my heart with Jason saying, "I just feel if I leave, you won't be here when I get back." As much as Jason wants to let her go for herself, you can see signs that he hates it just as much due to his love for her.


Sam's tender heart is perfect in asking Jason, "Where are you?"  But gosh, he made me swoon even more when he replied, "It doesn't matter.....I just want you to be okay. I want you to trust yourself, know yourself, and just be Sam..." How can you not love Jason and say he doesn't put Sam first? How can you not just adore the feelings of this man? Good gosh.

For the second straight day in a row, Mr. Non-Talkative delivers the line of the day, week, month. I mean, this was beyond anything....


1. Character Growth 2. Holy hot man sweetness..... 3. Cue the tears and emotions.... Given what they've shown each other, and especially seeing Jason pouring this to her today, you can't deny the upcoming #JaSamReunion2018 now.

By the way, I said the writing was on point - but that doesn't surprise me. There's been a lot of great pointed writing through this, and today just further expanded - if not exploded that. I mean, both referencing the fact that a huge chapter is closing and Sam has to let go was set perfectly. Because once she can do that, we can start a new special chapter as you continue the book known as #jasam.

"Mind over matter. We have to force ourselves to do things that we don't want to do." "5 more minutes?" "That's a deal." She's trying so hard but she can't do it - she can't walk away from Jason. So how long until the #JaSamReunion2018 happens?

And remember the chapter factor? I couldn't help but smile and tear up when Sam said, "I just had a memory - this is the first place that we met?" The perfect spot to begin a new chapter together - where the first meeting occurred - #GH is hitting every single feeling..

And can I say Sam you're a darling in saying, "Little did I know, it was the luckiest day of my life..." Do you smell #JaSamReunion2018?


I laughed when Drew said, "You got your wish. Go ahead and celebrate." Don't worry Drew, we will celebrate the nightmare ending. And by the way, I love the updated coloring on Drew's face today. Those bruises are showing nicely.

That said, thank you Carly for not bending backwards to his feelings and straight up saying, "At least now you know, there’s no more living in denial & you can move on!" She is right. Isn't knowing the truth and not being in denial better than living a fake lie? I mean, what is your life if you're living a lie?

But like always, self-centered Drew can't appreciate that, instead slays another line with, "that's why you pushed her to Jason since he got back." That's because Carly knew the truth since she's been in a similar situation, and has been around #jasam for years and knows their attraction.

Oh Drew throwing all the blame on Sam in saying, "Sam and I split up." Actually, you left her after she said that she needed time to decide her direction. But sure, we'll go with an even split - whatever floats your sinking ship. 

------

I smiled when Maxie said, "No one has ever accused me of being a light packer." We should expect that given her fashion needs and sense.

Peter saying, "I don't think there's any rules when it comes to grief" caused an involuntary eyeroll. So comforting your guilt for your unknown brother's death means it's okay for you to comfort his widow without revealing that you're Heinreck? Yep, that seems legit. It becomes even better when Maxie goes, "I can't even imagine if Faison was given the chance to raise Nathan. Everything that psycho touches is evil." Ha! Love the irony!

So finally Peter is taking some responsibility in saying, "It's not Lulu's fault. I'm the one that gave her the green light." But once again, oh the irony with Maxie saying, "You didn't know who Faison was....." I mean, okay, least Peter is admitting this partially, but oh my, I can't wait until she finds the secret. This is gonna be good. Can he just tell her that he's Heinreck?

So when Maxie said, "Are you sure? Our friendship came out of nowhere, and it's 9.5 on the intensity scale." So what happens when he reveals the secret or it comes out? Secondly, wouldn't a random friendship after someone's death when he was there make you a little suspicious?

And oh Maxie in saying, "As strange as it sounds, it's comforting to be around you." I wonder why. That said, the irony lines are getting heavy with Maxie adding, "Sometimes the way you talk and move, even the gestures you make, they remind me of Nathan...." Can we stop dropping the hints and just open the can of Heinreck worms?

"What do you do?" "Go to the gym." "What else?" "I order room service and watch re-runs of 50s/60s sitcoms." I also write a novel about my crazed father and profit from my ridiculous life of lies.

-------

I like Kiki's move in trying to re-arrange her schedule to avoid Dr. McCreepy, even if I rolled my eyes when he said, "I hope that didn't have anything to do with me." Oh no, not at all. I mean, yo just creeped her out to the point everybody's skin crawled.

With that in mind, I was set for Kiki to run the other direction and keep running when he said, "Even still, I feel badly and want to make up for that. Come to my office," along with "Trust me, this is going to make studying easier. Just string by my office. I guarantee I won't regret it."

Instead, she goes to his office - and I was ready to puke immediately. That just increased when he said, "You're biggest fan. I think you can do better that...." And then oh gosh - I would've kicked that man in the balls as soon as he tried to land that kiss on me. Ew ew ew ew ew - but perfectly played if you want to make light of the #MeToo movement. But still, ew.

Kiki is right in saying, "You've been telling me that I'm smart and talented, but you've just been trying to get in my pants. You're disgusting!" I just can't believe it took this long for her to realize that, or the fact that it took to the point of the kiss. I feel for her, though.....

-----

What is it going to take for Liz to realize that she can't trust Franco ever? I mean, I almost wanted to smack sense into her when she said, "Having the secret between us, I guess that's made me wonder if I can trust him...." I'll give ya hint - never Liz. But really, it's almost sweet karma for her telling Jason to "get over what happened" between him and Franco.

So when Elizabeth said, "What kind of environment is it living in a world waiting for the other shoe to drop?" I was almost taken back to a time before. I mean, Elizabeth's lines to Kim right now are reminding me of when Lucky was on drugs. We know what she did there, and maybe she could go to Drew this time - comfort together. It'd keep him occupied and frankly, in some ways, they deserve each other.

Also, if she has to do what's best for her "kids" and always does, why do we only ever hear about Jake and Jake alone?

I laughed when Kiki told Franco, "You have to face your past, or you're going to screw up your future." I'm sure he'll screw up anyway like he has already.

So of course, let's begin the cycle once again in Liz and Franco having yet another discussion with her telling him the future depends on him and his actions....

I laughed when Franco said, "You deserve to be with a guy that is kind, brave, and fully committed to you - and I'm going to get there. All I can do is pray that you'll get there." I don't think Franco will ever there if you're asking me.

"I'm sorry, but I can't be part of this process." "I know, and I wouldn't expect you." //// "Find what happened, who you were back then, and more importantly - who you are now." "And then?" "Come back home..." A true couple stands together no matter what. This doesn't show that. When you're together, you're a team and figure out life together, and work your way through your battles - not this crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Hospital - July 6-10, 2018 Episode Reflections

So is it a surprise that Nelle isn't believing a drop of how Michael left there to go see Jordan and Chase? She knows to always be suspi...