Wednesday, December 27, 2017

General Hospital - December 27, 2017 Reflections

"Laura Collins. It has a ring to it." It sounds great actually. #KevLaur #GH

"I know who would have my vote. Someone with character, heart, someone who would protect the legacy of Port Charles. I can tell my candidate would be my wife, Laura Collins." Kevin has such a great way with words. I'd like to see her as mayor. #KevLaur #GH

"I don't feel comfortable with such an expensive object." Anybody would've known not to get a prist that because they know their connection to faith and objects. #GrAva #GH

I can see why Ava would think there's something going on between Griffin and Kiki. We've seen the daughter-mother sharing act before courtesy of Morgan. Frankly, #GrAva disgusts me so I'm all for some #Kiffin love if #Killon is over. #GH

Crazy to see Maxie and Amy working together after all the Ask Man Landers chaos. But I wouldn't trust Amy with a DNA test. She's likely to mess it up by easily being distracted, or blab to the wrong person. #GH

"Focus on what lies ahead of you. Don't look back." If someone is telling me that in the tone that she used and I am Nathan, that just makes me want to look deeper even more. #GH

"A coo-coo clock? Okay? One to wake us up every hour on the hour for the baby? Do you think your mom had one as a child and that's why she's like this?" Gotta love Maxi Jones! #Naxie #GH

"We don't get to choose who we fall in love with - we just get to choose how we deal with it." Felica's words can be used in so many ways right now on the show. Hopefully both #jasam and #Fanna do well in their steps. #GH

I wouldn't want to go on a side trip with Cassandra either. Smart move Finn. #GH

"Its a little James Bond meets the 3 Stooges, but it worked." Finn never does anything conventional. #Fanna #GH


"Then this whole charade would be over and we can go back to our lives." I don't think that's going to be as easy as it sounds there, Anna. Stop denying the chemistry! #Fanna #GH

So Lomax steps down just like that? Where the fire that we used to see out of our Port Charles mayor and her craziness? #GH

Previews for December 28, 2017

"Are you sure this isn't about wanting to get away from Sam?" Glad Sonny calls him out, and you can just see by Carly's reaction she thinking immediately. Let those gears turn because a planning crazy Crazy makes the world spin round and round. As annoying as those plans can be, I actually miss those lately.

I could kill Cassandra right now as I have wanted to since entering #GH stratosphere. But attempting to go after Sonny? Hah! You obviously haven't learned from everybody else who has tried - esp with Jason back by his side.


Drew and Michael together could be interesting.

Non-Episode Thoughts...

Let's just say soap twitter has been a very busy place today because holy cow, there's been discussion about everything underneath the sun in relation to Jason, Sam and Drew. So here's some bonus thoughts from me because hey, why not?

No matter what people may say about Billy Miller's position about Drew, let's make something clear - Billy Miller always signs one year contracts, no matter what soap he is with - not that it matters to me because I want to see Jason and Sam together anyway. But trying to use the length of his contract as a reason to state that JaSam is automatically end game is a little unfair stated here. Besides, we have better reasons as discussed previously in this very blog (see my JaSam musings if you missed those).

Now they mentioned how he may be upset with change of character, but he keeps denying that. I wonder if it's true based on how he just seems to dose through compared to at least some emotion before. But he had to know that once Steve came back, he was going to get the role. I mean, let's face it. Billy not cutting it was very true as I wasn't feeling it like I've ever felt with Steve even in his weak moments which are rare. 

Least general hospital is giving him a second chance with a new character knowing his abilities to see if he can make it happen like he has shown before, but I've noticed an even weaker Billy lately. Now if he doesn't show some sort of good change in the next year, who wants to bet there will be no renewal? Maybe as they establish the new Drew, we will get something going. One can only hope for the story-sake. 

Now if Billy is happy, then that's great. I hope he grows more in the role and becomes someone that I can really like. For now, he's just meh for me with what I'm seeing. That's my honesty coming out.

But personally, as of right now, he wouldn't be a big loss if he did go away after the year was up. #sorrynotsorry

Frankly, this could be based on his behavior so far. I can admit that I was annoyed with his constant whining. I can admit that I was annoyed with him playing himself up as the lonely victim despite both Sam and Jason being victims just like him. I can admit that I was annoyed because it didn't seem at first he was taking a single step to find his damn self. But now certainly he is taking the right steps in looking for answers, from talking to Andre to talking to Jason to agreeing to listen to the CD.

Does this change how I feel about him? Not quite yet. He could still do more to really win over my seal of approval, if that matters. I mean, he hasn't taken the step of offering Jason anything back. I mean, yes, Jason stepped up and said keep the penthouse, keep the company. But what about offering the money back? What about offering belongings in the penthouse, sentimental things? Small steps go long ways. 

Oh, but don't you know that Jason has to ask for it first according to Drew's fans? Yeah, that's what I damn well heard today, too. And for sure, he could do that. That's why there's 50/50 blame on both sides here of the coin no doubt. I just don't see Jason doing it because he always puts Sam first, and doesn't want to put her in the middle. Hence why he gave up the house and allowed her to keep the company. But he shouldn't have to ask first. Shouldn't the person who stole and committed said crime, whether intentional or not, give up to clear their own conscience? Shouldn't that be part of Drew starting over and finding himself? Shouldn't he want to give back something that's not his so he can't be tied to it - especially if he's so concerned over mob danger?

Oh, and I honestly laughed out loud when a Drew fan messaged me back that the above offerings are probably happening off-screen. Are you kidding me? That doesn't damn well go with what we're seeing in that man's attitude on-screen so I have to think you're lost in your virtual damn world. Regardless, it'd be nice to see at least a piece of it on screen.

The best is when some said that Jason never put Sam first. Cue the laughter for days here people because in many ways he did if you look back through the years - and other times, you're right, he may not have simply chosen her. But did she ever to his face object his life then? Did she ever to his face call him out? Nope, that was just how they were in their balance together. But again, I can't blame him for putting Sonny first sometimes and their brotherhood together. I mean, it was Sonny that taught him a lot about life and helped him down the road he took. They also bonded real closely with all they've been through, too. So can't fault him there. 

I mean, besides, why should Jason have to give up everything in his life to prove his love for Sam to you, when really, Sam is giving up nothing in return? It should be same both sides with no hypocrites so guess Sam has to give up Alexis, Kristina, Molly, etc, too - especially Alexis since she has close ties to ex-mob boy Julian.

I get some people are uncomfortable with Jason's ways - but hey, as we've seen on the show before with previous love interests with other characters, it's not a life for everyone to live and enjoy.

Another defense? Get ready to laugh.......Sam had no voice in the relationship. IMO Sam did have a voice in that relationship because there were lots of times that she told Jason how she felt - lots of times where she actually did the only talking with that.

Right now, though, Sam is perfectly fine with Drew - and hey, that's fine if she's truly happy, I guess. I mean, what else can I say? But IMO once he drops those emotional bombshells, she's doomed. I know I would just fall right into his lap. That's why Sam not fitting with Jason anymore, I'm not going to straight out say that yet - not until they have a real heart-to-heart and she hears out his emotions and even with those laid on the table can walk away. I'm not about to give up hope even with that summer behind us until that conversation. Maybe it's false, but I'm not the type to ever give up on #jasam

On that note, regardless what reasons Steve had for coming back, I'm very thankful. Let's face it - Steve has brought back the true soapy feels that I was missing, and has made me cry at times. From his reunion with Sonny, to missing Sam, to his reunion with Carly, then Spinelli, but especially the one with Danny. There was instant chemistry there for Jason and Danny. You could see it from their first encounter in Sam's hospital room. And their hug? That hug meant everything especially after the longing for Danny when Heather had him. I can't wait for more scenes of them together. 

And while some may say him signing a three-year contract means squat - actually, there are a ton of Steve Burton fans that do give a damn about that contract - myself included, because I know I am guaranteed 3 years of pure General Hospital bliss in my favorite being back. That said, even after the three year contract is done, I do not see Steve walking away from General Hospital again because you can see in his interviews, social media, and how he's right back to character that he's glad that he came home. I mean, did you see the facebook live that he did with Laura Wright? Lots of laughs and so much immediate chemistry that doesn't even need to be acted with them.

I will admit that I was about to totally give up on General Hospital, actually skipped watching days and weeks in a row. But have I missed a day since Steve has come back? Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Hospital - July 6-10, 2018 Episode Reflections

So is it a surprise that Nelle isn't believing a drop of how Michael left there to go see Jordan and Chase? She knows to always be suspi...