Wednesday, January 24, 2018

General Hospital – January 23, 2018 Episode Reflections

Seeing as though Faison is set to appear, there is only one response – FINALLY!!!! I mean, how long have we been chasing the guy around?

Now for being a Tuesday episode and not having the greatest cast of characters that I would normally like to watch, it wasn’t that bad at all – actually, it was pretty good. Maybe Faison returning to town is a good thing after all.

Anyways….here you go…..

“No matter what happens, your husband will be the next mayor of Port Charles.” Please, oh please, oh please, can that never see the light of the day? Sorry, but his ability as mayor would not be in the town’s best interest, considering his conscious focus on money. Business? Sure, but running a town? Not what you want to see.

“Do you agree with this?” “Of course.” “So do I.” Of course Julian would give Alexis a vote of confidence. It’s all about trying to woo her back in. While Alexis gets my vote due to her standards, I do not see her fit for office, given her frantic behavior over the past several months.

“If I’m right, Faison is hiding on Spin island.” Can we please get rid of the islands? I still roll around in agony at the thought of Cassadine Island. Why is it every other General Hospital story resorts to a bloody island?

Okay, I admit – Faison’s scream made me jump in my skin. We can get rid of the big scary man now. Jason, where are you?

 “We’re on the island all alone, and nobody is coming.” Ha! The irony in hearing that right after the pitch from Lulu to Peter.

“If we find anything criminal, I will come down on those clowns like a ton of bricks….” That’d be the first time Jordan has actually done her job fully by herself. Oh wait, that’s why Curtis is investigating it instead of her, despite her being the police commissioner and Curtis not even being on the force.

“Olivia, I’m not the enemy. Once I take office, I am going to be the mayor that the city needs – and I want everybody to know that.” Then how about you do the right thing in relation to Charles Street?

“There could be one other person he could be targeting – his other son.” If Anna didn’t want a lot of talk about this “other son” as we’ve seen in her interactions with Sonny, then why do you go forth and tell the police? Furthermore, notice the look of surprise on Nathan’s face? Not only does he find out he has a psycho daddy, but yes, you have a brother. Oh, and should we tell Nathan that his brother works at Aurora Media? Yes Peter, I am still looking at you. I am sticking by my theory he is the second son until DNA or another appearance proves otherwise. Please see previous entries for evidence.

Notice the sly smile on Alexis’ face as Julian talk about how he was redeemed? Yeah, she’s not gonna be able to stay away from him forever. By the way, Julian, my view on you hasn’t changed. Sure, justice failed – but in the court of public opinion, you’re still an ass.

“With Valentine and Nina out of town, it is the perfect time for me to check out Windemere.” Not a bad idea…..

“In a long complicated story, I share a daughter with Valentine Cassadine.” “Drunken night?” “No, a very long story….” Trust me Peter, you’re gonna wanna have some alcohol for this one. I needed it.

“If Faison is at Windemere, maybe he left a trail of bread crumbs. With your permission, I will follow those bread crumbs wherever they lead.” So let’s say Peter goes ahead and allows her to go forth with her plan. The brother will be have a way to search for his father and meet up to fulfill the plan of revenge, killing, whatever the manuscript says – without having to get his own hands dirty in the process. It’s not a bad plan if you’re in Peter’s shoes.

“Even now, I will do anything for you.” “Then fine – give me back the years that I lost with my son.” “I misspoke. I will give you anything but that.” Least she’s doing a good job at standing her ground.

“Our son is nothing like you. Nathan is good.” He is very good, indeed.

Great job, Anna. Now we’re going to have Jordan stomping at Sonny’s door searching for the manuscript, the one piece of the puzzle that has allowed him, Jason and Spinelli to find out more than we could’ve imagined. While you think you’re helping, you’re doing more damage than good.

“Literally nobody will show up at the polls, and you’ve won this election.” Cocky bunch. I hope someone steps up just so we can put an end to his showboating.

“My first step would be to appoint a special committee for Charles Street Development, and I would like Alexis to serve as chair.” Well, that’d be interesting – considering Alexis has been against changes happening.

Faison, leave our son alone. Do anything to me!” “I’ve already done what I wanted. I have a son!” I give him credit for a good line.

“I have it covered.” “So you’ve said, but you haven’t said how.” “I’m working on that.” Well, at least she wasn’t dumb enough to reveal everything.

“Are you buying any of that?” “Hell no!” Ha! And this is why Jordan and her staff never solve any crimes, and it’s always left up to everybody else.

“When your editor assigns you a cat show, you write about the cat show. But what you do on your own time, that is totally up to you. But just be careful.”  In other words, you have my informal permission because I want this information for myself but I know it’s wrong.

“Promise me you won’t do anything crazy…” Notice how Lulu didn’t say anything? And besides, could we ever get Lulu to promise such a thing anyway?

Alexis’ response to Ned regarding the big building actually has me leaning more towards her running than I was originally thinking.

”It’s such an honor to meet you. [….] It’s my pleasure. You have quite the reputation here in Port Charles, Agent Duvane.” Of course Peter would be curious about Anna, given how *his father* has been obsessed with her.

“Is there really another son?” “Of course, and how do you know about him?” “That’s classified.”  “Of course.” Peter really wants to know more information because clearly, someone is getting closer to him.

“As much as I want to help you, I am not going to compromise the ethics of this company…” Notice how he put his back up immediately in them trying to capture Faison? Because it’s clear that he wants him for himself.

Why doesn’t it surprise that Lulu found Oberect tied up?

“I want everybody to know their voices are going to be heard.” “Over wrecking balls and jack hammers?” And the hits just keep on coming from Alexis.

“Life is change, progress is change, and the people down here will thrive. Charles Street will be a place to be proud of.”  “Some of us are proud of Charles Street. We want it revitalized  and restored – not redeveloped.”  Really, this is a pretty neat storyline given the changes you see in the world, the more I think about it. Look at how cities continue to change, and people begin to lose integrity in what they needed. Respecting the old and culture, but set for change.

“I don’t believe you. You don’t want to help the WSIB, but why not?” Glad that Anna got at least some suspicion from that discussion. Maybe we’ll get somewhere. And notice how she didn’t get the e-mail until after she was out of his office? Notice how he was set to meet up, because obviously he wants to move things along quicker?

 “I’m officially running for Mayor.” Oh boy, let the games begin Alexis.

“You should’ve stayed out of it, but you didn’t. Now, what am I supposed to do with you?” Technically, Faison should thank Lulu as if it wasn’t for her, he wouldn’t had known about a son. So that should at least be rewarded, in some way.

Of course, he can’t just let her go easily, either. So perhaps keep her kidnapped, allow her to live, maybe let her off free somewhere without trace of remembrance? Killing would not be a good sign of gratitude.

She could also conduct an interview, submit it while kidnapped, to heighten the intrigue and suspicion – and make things a little crazier, which would be psychopath material.

Either way, perfect cliffhanger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Hospital - July 6-10, 2018 Episode Reflections

So is it a surprise that Nelle isn't believing a drop of how Michael left there to go see Jordan and Chase? She knows to always be suspi...