Tuesday, March 20, 2018

General Hospital - March 19, 2018 Episode Reflections

Honesty? Not the greatest episode, but not the worst. I think my response throughout is the most sarcastic to date, though - so apologize in advance...maybe.....

Jason had a fair request in asking Anna, "Since we're working together, I'd like to know the real reason you're so invested on finding Heinreck." Instead of honesty, Anna uses Jason's friendship with Robin to guilt trip him into letting her withhold the mother secret? I mean, what's the harm in Anna telling Jason the truth? He may be able to help send her in the next direction.

That said, like a true man, Jason handled it it in stride and gentleman style despite not getting his way, and holding it against her. Rather than whine like other people, he said, "I trust u, & whatever you can't disclose, I know u have reasons.." along with "It just seems like this is getting more personal for you, and I'm not going to ask why. I just hope whatever is in that manuscript helps you find what you're looking for." He honestly is the sweetest man. Like literally, how many guys would be as sweet as Jason despite the stakes being what they are?

Even with respecting their boundaries, I hope that he keeps pressing her. He was already onto Anna's interesting behavior before Faison's death and now you should be able to piece this together, too.

From the preview to watching the actual episode, I'm laughing harder the second time in watching Franco utter the line about Jason and the door. It's just perfect, especially when you look at Drew and see how he annoyed he is, and how he wanted the topic changed. Just perfect.... In case you missed it, here's the words --> "Jason could open that door.He would just stare at it with his misty pretty blue eyes & send it alternating waves of intensity & aloofness and the door would lose confidence & just fall."

Of course, the situation becomes even more laughable when Drew does nothing until his ring is realized to be gone? But we're supposed to believe that he's this great guy that Sam can love more than Jason. I'll just keep watching the JaSam scenes together as I laugh.

That said, I laughed harder when Drew said, "The wedding ring never comes off. It's apart of me...." I can find a good reason why it's coming off in the future. Don't worry about finding it, Drew. You won't need it. It's like Drew's wedding ring knows what's happening to his marriage slowly, even if the honesty hasn't been spread yet. But for now, of course the ring becomes the big clue ticket.....

Elizabeth continued repetition of, "Franco would never hurt Drew...." is laughable, too. Let's be real - Franco's history says otherwise, and she knows that as he kidnapped her child at one point. That said, glad to see Sam's PI skills kick in while in Jim's office so we can move this storyline along.

Drew saying, "Maybe you pushed me, maybe you didn't. But we were just kids...." really captivates everything this storyline means in one. Does it really matter end of the day, and why are we still talking about this for three months now?

I know we're supposed to believe they're in great danger, but Drew and Franco dead in one clean sweep? That's too good of a dream for @GeneralHospital to come through with that. But let's see - So Jim is going to make the brothers disappear, and have it blamed that one hurt the other? Good luck with that, buddy - and you can win all my respect if you make it happen. Although, I did hear that truck over top of Drew and Franco. Going to bury them alive, Jim?
Ned knows how threatening Jim can be, but yet sends Elizabeth and Sam to him without revealing a thing? Great mayor, but of course his wife isn't that much better in saying, "I knew there was something that I didn't like about him from the beginning...." Then why is this the first time we've heard this Olivia? That said, I think Olivia should've been mayor instead of Ned because at least she was going to do the common thing and actually handle Jim properly.

I hope someone traces the fact that Peter filed that call, ovehears it, finds the manuscript in his office, something. It'll be interesting to see how he writes the ending compared to reality, though.  Can't wait for more of #MaxGill tomorrow, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Hospital - July 6-10, 2018 Episode Reflections

So is it a surprise that Nelle isn't believing a drop of how Michael left there to go see Jordan and Chase? She knows to always be suspi...