Wednesday, May 9, 2018

General Hospital - May 7, 2018 Episode Reflections

This episode was worth it some ways, yet annoying in other ways. Can we just call it alright? 
"I won't stay long. I just wanted to drop this off. Its a birthday gift...." "....for your son." No Liz, he's not there to see you.

So starting off, Jake looked much happier to see Jason this time. See the little wave the last time they were together made progress. But I will say that initially when Elizabeth pushed Jason to stay and Jake to spend time with him, I thought it'd have a reverse effect. Let the kid get to know his dad at his own pace. You don't want him to jump over him and cause him to be extra scared. That said, we know it's cause Liz just wants Jason time.

I also wasn't initially pleased when Spencer called and stopped the chemistry that was happening as we were making slow, awkward process. But any progress is better than none. However, it proved worthwhile as the change in light for Jake was nice. Thanks Spencer.

Oh, and the fact that Drew is teaching him math and Jason look dumb-folded in response - that was a little ODD based on character history.
The last scene - "Can you come?" "I wouldn't miss it." - My heart just swarmed ❣️

My only gripe with this - Elizabeth to make Jason forgive Franco. Can Liz just let it go? As long as he's peaceful for Jake's sake, what does it matter if personal feelings (and rightfully so) differ?

Speaking of Franco, I'm sick of this redeeming crap, even making that dude emphasize Franco's behavior with saying, "Until you stopped him - you and your friends." Actually, Drew mostly stopped him only. But hey, this is all about Franco right?

*********

"I'm actually thinking the timing works out." "The timing?" "For me to move out." Finally Griffin sees the light.

My eyes rolled when Ava said, "You used to tell me you accept me for who I am. You used to tell me that you wouldn't judge me." That's when you said you were changing for the better good, but you lied through your teeth. Now Griffin is realizing you can't walk the walk. So yes, that's why he's leaving "because he's outta miracles" since you can't make that happen when someone lies about their intentions.

I was also set for the cheque reveal in being the best moment of this episode. Too bad Lucy didn't just enter a number of her choosing. That was as good as imagined though. Instead, it just flopped right on her face with Ava re-writing the cheque and Lucy leaving.

I mean, even the fall out for Nelle was pretty dead, too. And Ava, while you may resist helping her because you can't have Griffin seeing "a change in fate in me," you already do enough work on your own.

Nelle had me hopeful, too, that she'd confess what she's doing to Carly truthfully. Instead, she talked so much outta her ass. Almost like to blow suspicion off of her. But for what? Nobody is suspecting her of anything.

So when Carly said, "Oh I'll be here. Wild horses couldn't keep me away" about the baby shower, there's only one thing I could think of - cue another phase of Nelle's plan.

Really, can we skip these scenes? Also, let's skip the earthquake ones, too. Its an annoying bore now seeing the rebuild. But I will say of interesting note - So Julian called Alexis for a second cup of coffee and she accepted.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

General Hospital - July 6-10, 2018 Episode Reflections

So is it a surprise that Nelle isn't believing a drop of how Michael left there to go see Jordan and Chase? She knows to always be suspi...